In the event that the Government order a school closure, each class has created a home learning pack which you can use with your child. We also have lots of useful links to free resources to keep the children busy!
To access the home learning packs, simply click on your child's class, this will take you to their page, then click on the link - this will take you to their own Google Drive where you can open the resources. Alternatively you can click on 'Student Portal' which will take you to a new page where you can then select your child's class.
Please note that if your child is in Nursery, Abbey or Darwin, you can access their home learning resources by logging onto your child's Tapestry account.
Don't forget to check out our fit-zone, it is full of exercises that can be done at home. The Government have recommended that we all continue exercising to keep us fit and healthy!
Have a look at our arts-and-crafts-zone for some great crafty ideas that you can do at home. The page also includes a feature on our 'Artist of The Month' and some activities that can be done in his style of art!
We have created a mental-health-and-wellbeing page and a support-for-children-with-send page, these will have lots of information added to them that you may find useful.
Free resources for all years
- The Imagination Tree - This website has some fantastic learning through play ideas for all ages, as well as various crafty activities.
- Twinkl - A huge amount of resources can be found here, this is usually a paid for service but Twinkl are offering parents one month access for free. You will need to enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS to gain your free access.
- Espresso - We use this website in school, it is great for supporting all areas of the curriculum. You will need to log in using the following details Username - student26744 Password - mount123
- Purple Mash - This is a favourite with many of the children, full of great resources for a variety of subjects and filled with fun, educational games. You will need to log in using the username - student and the password - student
- Top Marks - A fantastic website that can be used for Maths or English games, simply choose the subject that you wish and choose the correct age range.
- Primary Resources - There are plenty of topics to choose from on this website and many printable resources as well as those that you can use online.
- The kid should see this - A great collection of videos about Science, Space, Art and Nature. This is a website the children will really enjoy!
- Nature Detectives - If you can get outside into the garden or a remote forest this website has some lovely outdoor learning ideas.
- Duolingo - Why not try your hand at learning a new language! This can also be downloaded as an app.
- Oxford Owl - This website has some lovely reading books online for all ages but also has Maths and English activities and games.
- Crickweb - Plenty of online games and resources can be found on this website.
- Activity Village - Perfect for those who enjoy getting crafty, lots of craft ideas.
- Vooks - A great website full of interactive stories, you will need to log in using the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and password: MountPleasant20
- Virtual Tours of Museums - 12 Museums have created virtual tours that you can go on from the comfort of your own home. Very interesting and well worth looking at!
- White Rose Maths - Simply choose your child's year and discover some fantastic pre-planned Maths lessons!
- Twig Education - A great website for all ages with lesson plans and games about Science and Geography.
- Zoo Cams - This lovely website has a list of 13 zoos that have webcams so you can watch different animals!
- Authors read stories aloud - Check out this list of authors who will be reading stories aloud, what a lovely way to relax.
- BP educational services - A very informative website that has resources, online experiments and videos about Science, Geography and Design and Technology. Sign in using email address: email@example.com and password: MountPleasant20
- Numbots - For children in Year 2 or above, a great maths resource, use the same log in as your child uses for TT Rockstars.
- Scouts - Why not try exploring 'The Great Indoors' some lovely ideas to look at.
- The Maths Factor - This great website is usually paid for but they have made it free to everyone whilst schools are closed. Maths resources for KS1 and KS2.
- David Walliams - Every day 11am David Walliams will be playing a 20 minute audio book, great for a brain break!
- Story Telling - This website has some more authors who are telling stories everyday.
Resources for KS2
- BBC Bitesize - There are lots of topics to choose from - plenty of resources online and games to play.
French resources for KS2
- Quizlet - Learn vocabulary, terms, and more with flashcards, games, and other study tools.
There are lots of fun and helpful YouTube videos to watch too.